May 23rd

Dear Family:

After Eden’s response to our letter last week and the pictures she had and the ability to write something by the pictures and then add additional information, I had an intense desire to do just that. So I contacted her and bless her heart she did some research for me but the end result was that you could only do that with Mac iPhoto. Even iPhoto on the Ipad wouldn’t work. I have tried to find a Windows alternative with no success so you are stuck with this format for now.

The big news for this week for us is that Rus and Marin are here. We go to see them for a while on Thursday and then we had a training meeting this morning, much of which was done by Rus. Now I know you think we are prejudiced but he did an outstanding job teaching. We will have another session tomorrow morning. The sisters really enjoyed him because he was “Rus”, funny, engaging, a little whacky. We all learned much from the session. Mom and I could have told some of his secrets but we resisted and quietly learned and took notes. He then took a facility tour with Elder Barnes and then all of us went to lunch at Café Coyote. It was a fun day. This afternoon Jamie and I were on shift.

Other than that the week has been fairly ordinary. We do our schedules and try to fill in other things when we are not working at MBHS.

Oh, one thing that I think you will all find amusing. I am the computer guru for MBHS (not I know that is as far from the truth as anything can be but they do ask me to do some of the things with the computers and so far I have been able to do it; some because I know a little about it and most because of tender mercies that allow me to find online helps that get me through the issue.

We quite enjoy May because of all of the birthdays and on many of them we get to skype and see the parties involved. We love Instagram and the pictures so keep it up.

Mom took a Polish lady on a tour this week. She didn’t want to go on the regular tour and was about to leave when Mom volunteered to take her on the short tour. They ended talking for a long time. The lady had lost her father and was very interested in life after death. Mom tried to give her a Polish Book of Mormon but she wouldn’t take it and we didn’t have a plan of Salvation pamphlet. Mom felt very inadequate in coming up with the words to touch her heart but in the end, felt like that happened. She has decided that with the Holy Ghost’s help what she may inadequately speak turns into something powerful and touching in the ears of the hearer.

We love you all. Hope you are doing well.



Mom and Dad

Comments

Popular Posts